Google 200 Ranking factors.
1. Age of your Domain: Domain age really does not matter a lot while some professionals say that domain has more age can rank better to new domains like a domain X is 6 months old and its competitor Domain Y is 1 year old then ranking possibilities for Domain Y is better than Domain X.
2. Placing Keyword in Domain: Having Keyword in your domain name will give a relevancy sign to Google which will help you to rank your website more efficiently.
3. Having Domain First word as Keyword: A Domain which starts with a targeted keyword has upper hand over the domains don't have Keywords in there start, middle and end of there domain.
4. Registration period of domain: Domain registration length states that you need to have legitimate with your domain name, Domain Registration length means the number of years domain registration amount is paid in advance. If you have a good goal plan and you have decided with the domain name you can easily retain your domain registration length.
5. Subdomain Name as Keyword: Keyword appearing in sub-domain name can also result in good ranking, this statement is often considered while establishing sub-domain.
6. History of your Domain: Google uses the very advanced algorithm to know ‚‘‘who you are‘‘ and ‘‘what you do‘‘, How ‘‘good‘‘ and ‘‘bad“ you are. Google will also state that you provide good content or Spam content. Domain History will surely affect your ranking on Google.
7. Exact Match Domain: EMDs has an advantage in ranking if you have quality content, But if your site lacks while delivering quality content EMDs may not help you to rank on Google.
8. Public WhoIs and Private WhoIs: Private WhoIs may refer “Something to hide“ and public WhoIs is like an open directory for Google to know about domain owners information. Public WhoIs domains may have an advantage in ranking.
9. Penalty on WhoIs owner: If Google identifies a person as a spammer and violating Google terms and conditions it may cause a person to suffer in ranking for its other sites too. Because Google may scrutinize that person’s other sites.
10. Country extension: Having a Country TLD (Top Level Domain) extension (.in, .uk, .ae) may help site to rank on local search but limits the site ability on a global platform.
11. Title Tag as Keyword: Title tag in a web page plays a second most important factor for its identity after page content. It also has a strong pinpoint for site optimisation.
12. Meta Title Tag Starts with Keyword: Title Tag starting with keyword performs better than keyword at end of Tag. Google algorithms are likely to give more priority to Title Tag starting with a Keyword.
13. Keyword in Meta Description Tag: Keyword in Description Tag also helps while ranking a website. Keyword in Description shows the relevancy of Website / Web page content.
14. H1 Tag as Keyword: H1 Tag like Title tag sends relevancy Sign to Google for a web page. Having Keyword in H1 Tag will help in ranking.
15. Most Frequently used phrase has Keyword: Using keywords in the content of your website can strongly support in Ranking, but make sure that don’t stuff keywords in content.
16. Weight age of Content : Content with more words can cover greater areas of choirs on Google and also refer to be more informational, that’s why bigger content is preferred over short or thin contents.
17. Keyword Density: Keywords are not that important as it used to be. But still, Google uses keywords to determine the topic of the web page.
18. Latent Semantic Indexing Keywords in Content (LSI): LSI helps Google to identify the difference between same keywords having a different meaning. Like, Term “Coffee makers” can show results of Electronic Coffee maker machine and also for Cafeterias.
19. LSI Keywords in Meta Title and Meta Description Tags: When a webpage contains LSI keywords it helps Google to identify the exact property of that webpage and differentiate it from other web pages with similar targeted keywords.
20. Loading Speed of your Page via HTML: Both Google and Bing consider page loading speed as one of the important factors for ranking. While crawling Google bots note your website’s average loading speed.
21. Duplicate Content: Identical contents within the site or content which are slightly modified can affect ranking.
22. Rel=Canonical Tag: After using Canonical Tag Google will identify your website as one rather than considering it as content copy website.
23. Page Loading Speed in Chrome Browser: Google will use Chrome to note your site loading speed because Chrome takes into account server speed, CDN usage and other non-HTML-related site speed sign.
24. Website Image Optimization: Optimizing Image for a website will help you to rank your website better on Google. Images send Google Relevancy sign such as Image name, alt text, title, description and caption.
25. New Content Updates: Google Caffeine update favours recently (latest) updates contents especially for time-related searches. Google will also show updated date beside search result.
26. Historical Updates: Maintaining a consistency of editing and updating content on the website will help your website to rank more efficiently. Google will also consider that how frequent you update content.
27. Maintaining Freshness in Page Content: Maintaining freshness of content is very important, Editing or changing content is also a form of keeping freshness into the website. Must do editing or change in content rather than switching words in it.
28. Keywords in first 100 words: Always use keywords in first 100 words of website content, it will give relevancy sign to Google.
29. H1, H2 and H3 Tags has Keywords: Including Keywords in Sub-heads will also help in ranking. Keywords in Sub-heads will give relevancy sign to Google.
30. Properly placing words in Keyword: Placing Keywords in the right order will help the website to rank better in search results i.e. properly organised long tail keyword will help in Ranking. Ex: Consider a search for “Digital marketing Techniques” A page optimize for “Digital Marketing Techniques” will rank better rather than page optimized for “Techniques for Digital Marketing”.
31. Quality Outbound Links: Many Experts think that Outbound Authority sites help in Ranking.
32. Outbound Link Category: Google may use your page content to know about the relevancy of your page. Ex: If your web page is for Apple and your content is on gadgets Google will think that your page is dedicated to apple phones rather than Apple Fruit.
33. Spell checks and Grammar Errors: Proper Grammar and Spell check content on the site will also help your site to rank.
34. Content from another website: If your website’s content is the copy of another Indexed website’s content it will never rank in Search Results.
35. Helpful Widgets: Helpful Widgets like Currency Calculator, Interest Calculator, or Interactive Recipes will rank better on Google.
36. High No of Outbound Links: Too many “dofollow” Outbound link may hurt the ranking of the page.
37. Multimedia: Images, Videos, Gifs, and other Multimedia elements acts as the quality content of the site which helps a website to rank better on Google.
38. Number of Backlinks: Good Amount of Internal Links will help a website to earn relevancy score and also raises Domain Trust Standards which helps in Ranking.
39. Quality of Backlinks: Internal Links for Quality sites or from high PR are more useful than links coming from low PR sites.
40. Broken Links (URLs): Having too many Broken Links may let Google understand that the site is neglected or abandoned. Broken Links also causes Increase in Bounce rate that effects ranking of a Website.
41. Reading Time: Reading Level may also affect you’re for ranking. If a site has good reading level/time Google thinks that the site is relevant to the searched query.
42. Affiliate Page: Affiliate Links never affects your ranking but Google will pay attention to your site that your site is not a thin Affiliate site.
43. HTML Trouble Trigger: Lots of Sloppy codes and HTML errors will state that your site is a Low Quality which may result in a drop in SERP.
44. Domain Authority of Page Host: Page on high Authority Domain will rank better than a page on Low Authority Website.
45. Your Page Rank: Just like high Authority Domain, Pages having high Authority will rank better than page having Low Authority.
46. Total no of URL Character: Long Length URL’s can harm your website in Search Results.
47. URL Street: A page closer to Homepage will get a slight advantage is authority ranks.
48. Self Editing: Due to Google’s new patent system, It allows human editors to influence SERP results.
49. Category of Web Page: A page with more relevant category will rank better than the page which is not categorised or does not have relevancy to its category.
50. WordPress Tagging: WordPress tags may improve your Ranking by relating one piece content to another.
51. URL Containing Keyword: Keyword in URL will also help Google to know relevancy of Web page.
52. Proper URL Category String: Proper Category string in URL will help Google to categorise one page from other by providing a thematic sign which will tell Google what is a page all about.
53. Including References and Sources: Including Reference and Source on Website will also help your website to rank because when you take a reference or decide a source you are referring to an expert for that content.
54. Using Bullets and Numbering: Bullets and Numbering in Content are considered as user-friendly and are more indulging. Google prefers Content having Bullets and numerbings.
55. Giving Priority to a page in Sitemap: Sitemap tells Google about an overview of Site’s Content. The crawler will read your sitemap for Information and index it to Google. A sitemap giving Priority to a web page will help the page Rank faster in SERP.
56. Tons of Outbound Links: Pages having too many outbound links may distract page from the main content.
57. Ranking your page on Different Keywords: Rank your website on several keywords, Because ranking your page on several keywords may increase your page quality for Google.
58. Age of your Webpage: Google also considers older pages with regular content updates as a good quality page.
59. User-Friendly UI: Passing Google quality guidelines for user-Friendly Layout will help you to get more engagement on the website.
60. Parked Domains: A Google update in the year 2011 decreased search visibility of parked domains.
61. User-friendly Content: User-friendly or Useful content on site will rank better because the user-friendly content has more reading time.
62. Value Providing Content: Google states that they don’t hunt for the website which doesn’t have new content especially affiliate sites.
63. Contact info Page: Website with right contact information of owner or organisation ranks better in SERP.
64. Domain Trust-rank: Websites Trust rank surely effects on ranking factor of a website.
65. Website/Page Architecture: A good Site Structure especially a silo structure helps Google thematically organize your website content.
66. Website Updates: Google makes a note on how widely site is updated and especially when new content is added. It a kind of site freshness factor.
67. No.of Pages: Number of pages with relevant and unique content also helps a website in ranking factors.
68. Sitemap: A sitemap will help crawler to index web pages more easily in SERP.
69. Site Up-time: Site Up time will help your website gain good rating in Google Insight, Site with high maintenance and server issues get bad impact from Google.
70. Server Location: Local Server Location will also help you to rank in local results.
71. SSL Certificate: If you have SSL certificate on your site it will give a slight boost in ranking because Google uses HTTPS as ranking sign.
73. Duplicate Meta: Having Duplicate Meta Information will big down the visibility of your site.
74. Breadcrumb: This a user-friendly site structure that helps users and Google to identify where they are on site.
75. Mobile Optimisation: Google wants you to create a mobile-friendly site which is responsive in both desktop and on a mobile device, Google also gives a penalty to a site which is not responsive.
76. YouTube: Youtube videos are given special treatment in Google SERP may be because Google owns it.
77. Site Usability: Site that is difficult to use may harm with less time on site, less page view and high bounce rate. at any consequence from above Google will drop your ranking.
78. Using Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools: Many experts think that having webmaster and analytics tool for your site will help you get a good ranking because they give Google direct information of your efforts and strategy by bounce rate, Traffic and backlinks.
79. Visitors Review and Website Reputation : According to Google Review Punch a site having good rating and Review gets a slight advantage in SERP results.
80. Domain Age: Backlinks from aged domains may be more useful and act as a powerhouse for ranking then having backlinks from new sites.
81. No.of Refereeing Domains: High number of referring Domains will act as Ace for your ranking strategy.
82. Number of Links from Separate C-Class IPs: Links from separate class-c IP addresses Refers a big range of site links for you.
83. Total Number of Linking Pages: Total number of linking pages is also a sign for ranking this links can be from the same domain.
84. Image Alt Tag (for Image Links): Alt Tag is a type of Anchor Tag for Image.
85. Links from .edu or .gov Domains: Sometimes .edu and .gov gets a special boost in ranking because it denotes non-profit and also refers to informational educational domains.
86. Authority of Back-linking Page: The Page authority and page rank is also an important factor for ranking.
87. Authority of Back-link Domains: High PR rates referring domains will also play an important role in ranking a website.
88. Back-links from Competitor websites: Getting backlinks from the page who are ranking in same SERP results for the same keyword is more important than other referring domains
89. Social Shares Buttons Page: Social sharing may also help you to rank your website.
90. Links from Harmful Websites: Links from "Bad Neighborhoods" Site may harm your site.
91. Guest Posts: Guest Posting can prove a great advantage for your website traffic. A guest post to the famous blog with source backlink can provide a great impact on Google algorithm.
92. Back-links to Homepage: Links to referring pages homepage may play an important role in increasing site's authority.
93. Nofollow Back-links: Links with ''no-follow" tag will stop Google to follow it. Google's official word for Nofollow backlinks was "Generally we don't follow them".
94. Back-links from different sites: Large percentage of back-links coming from a single source may result in backlink spam. But backlink from multiple sources of multiple diversity Backlink will help your site rank better in SERP results.
95. Paid Back-links: Words like “sponsors”, “link partners” and “sponsored links” or "Paid Links" may decrease the link value.
96. Hyperlinks in Content: Links embedded inside a page content is considered as more powerful then else were on the page. one good example is backlink from geographic.
97. Excessive 301 Redirects: According to webmaster help video excessive 301 redirect decrease the value of all pages.
98. Back-link from appropriate Anchor Text : Backlinks from description providing accurate information about web page will have good value for your website.
99. Back-link Anchor Text: Internal Link Anchor Text also gives relevancy sign to Google. it weights differently compare to backlink anchor text.
100. Title Link Attribution: The link title (the text that appears when you hover over a link) is also used as a weak relevancy sign.
101. Country Domain Extension of Referring Domain: Getting backlinks from country top-level domains will help you rank better in that country.
102. Back-link Location In Content: Links in the beginning of content carries more weight then links at end of the content.
103. Back-link Location on Page: Link's location on a page is very important, Generally links in content are more important than a link in footer or sidebar.
104. Linking Relevant Domains: A site similar to your niche if provides you backlink considered as a good quality backlink, Backlink from a website with the same niche shows relevancy which is very important for SERP ranking.
105. Page related to Content: The Hilltop algorithm states that a backlink from a page closely tied to page's content is more effective than a backlink from unrelated page content.
106. Getting Sentimental Reviews: Google know a link is recommended or it is a negative review. Sentimental reviews play an important role in SERP ranking.
107. Keyword rich Title: Google likes the pages which contain keywords in their title.
108. Positive Link: A site with positive links always gets an advantage in SERP Ranking.
109. Negative Link: Negative link velocity will decrease your popularity and may result to fall SERP.
110. Links from mainstream websites: According to Hilltop Algorithm getting backlinks from pages with high value or considered as a "Hub" adds more value to your site's SERP position.
111. Back-link from High Authority Websites: Getting links from high Authority sites passes better link juice than having backlinks from small sites.
112. Having Wikipedia Listing: Wikipedia links are nofollow but if you get links from Wikipedia it adds a trust factor to your site for search engines.
113. Co-Occurrences: Co-occurrences are the words that appear on your link which tells Google what is your link all about.
114. Backlink Age: When we read Google Patent(not an algorithm) we know that older links have more ranking power then newly made links.
115. Links from Real Domain rather then slog: Because of Proliferation, Google gives Advantage to the links coming from real sites then fake blogs.
116. Natural Link: A site with natural link profile will rank high and more durable to get updates.
117. Reciprocal Links: According to Google's link scheme pages "Excessive link exchange should be avoided"
118. UGC Links (User Generated Content Links): Google knows about the link generated is UGC or generated by the site owner.
119. Back-links from 301 Redirection: Links from 301 redirect can lose link juice compared to direct link.
120. Schema.org Integration on Website: A page with Schema Microformats will rank higher than the pages without Schema Microformats.
121. DMOZ Listed: Many Experts think that DMOZ listed sites are given extra trust by Google
122. Linking with good TrustRank Website: When a trustworthy site is linked to your site it tells about your TrustRank
123. Tons of Outbound Links on Page: Page with many OBL's have less PR rating compared to the page having less OBL's
124. Forum Profile Links: As spamming in Industrial Level has increase Google is giving less Importance to Forum Profile Links.
125. Word Count of Linking Content: A link from 5000-word content is more important than a link from 500-word content.
126. Quality of Linking Content: Links from poorly written or spam content don't pass good value compare to the link from well-written multimedia enhanced content.
127. Sitewide Links: When links are compressed to count as a single link is known as a sitewide link.
128. Organic Click Through Rate for a Keyword: A page that gets more Click Through Rate will get a boost in SERP for that Keyword.
129. Organic CTR for All Keywords: A site's Organic CTR for all keywords may base on human interaction with that keyword.
130. Bounce Rate: People think that Bounce rate does not matter in Ranking, But Google uses bounce rate to know whether a page or a website is standard and useful or a spam or low quality.
131. Direct Traffic: Google uses Google crome to know the data of people visiting a site directly. a site with more direct traffic gets a slight boost compared to sites having less direct traffic.
132. Repeat Traffic: When a site has returning visitor it shows that site is useful, Google gives a slight boost to the website having returning visitors
133. Blocked Sites: Google has discontinued this feature on chrome but Google Panda still uses this for a quality sign.
134. Chrome Bookmarks: We all know that Chrome Browser is Google Product and Google takes data from Chrome Browser, A webpage Bookmarked on Chrome may get slight Boost.
135. Google Toolbar Data: Google sometimes uses Toolbar Data to for ranking. but the data type is still unknown
136. Number of Comments: Pages with lots of comments is sign for user interaction.
137. Dwell Time: Google uses "Long Click and Short Click" data which is known as dwell Time which denotes the time of a user spend on a website after visiting it from Google Search.
138. Query Deserves Freshness: Google gives a boost to the fresh content or a updated content in real time.
139. Query Deserves Diversity: Google may give diversity to keywords in short forms like "WWE", "WHO", "USA".
140. User Browsing History: Site that you frequently visit may get good SERP push.
141. User Search History: Your search history will give signs to Google for modifying SERP results. Google's Rankbrain algorithm will understand your choirs by his own. For Example: "If you have searched for "Coffee" and second time you have searched for "food making the machine" Google will show you results of different sites selling Coffeemakers.
142. Geo-Targeting: Google gives an advantage to sites with local IP Server and Country-specific Domin more preference in Local Results.
143. Safe Search: Keywords containing Adult term will not appear to people who have safe search on.
144. Google+ Circles: Google shows more results for an individual or a site you have added to your Google+ Circle.
145. DMCA Complaints: Google gives a penalty and does rank the pages registered with DMCA complaints.
146. Domain Diversity: Google's Big-Foot Update added more domains to SERP.
147. Transactional Searches: Google displays different Search results for different keywords like Shopping and personal figures.
148. Local Searches: Google sometimes places Google+ Local results above SERP organic results.
149. Google News Box: Some keyword fires your article to Google news box, you also need to do some changes to your site for appearing in Google News.
150. Big Brand Preference: After Google's Vince update we can see that Google is giving an advantage to certain brand on some short tail or one-word keywords.
151. Shopping Results: Sometimes Google Displays Shopping Results in Organic SERP results.
152. Image Results: Google Image Results sometimes appears above Organic SERP results.
153. Easter Egg Results: Google has many ester egg results which act as a surprise for users. For example, when you search for “Atari Breakout” in Google image search, the search results turn into a playable game.
154. Single Site Results for Brands: When a brand is famous for some certain keywords, Google show many web pages on the result page. it also happens when you type there Domain name.
155. Number of Tweets: A website having Tweets and good reputation on Google with Twitter redirection will rank on Google.
156. Authority of Twitter Users Accounts: Tweets from Authority Twitter user with lacks followers gets ranked on SERP rather than fresh or low follower Twitter Accounts.
157. A number of Facebook Likes: Google also sees how many likes a Facebook page has got.
158. Facebook Shares: Facebook shares also act as a backlink, it helps to influence Google for ranking.
159. Authority of Facebook User Accounts: A twitter, Authority Facebook user's post may get more weight.
160. Pinterest Pins: Google considers Pintrest pins as Social Media Sign.
161. Votes on Social Sharing Sites: Google uses Shares on Social Sites like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Stumble Upon, Tumblr.
162. A number of Google+1’s: Experts tell that Google + don't have direct Effect on SERP results but they are ignoring that Google + is also a Social Media. getting +1 from Google + can boost your ranking.
163. Authority of Google+ User Accounts: Google+ account with high follower gets an advantage in SERP compares to accounts with fewer followers.
164. Known Authorship: Website with authorized online profiles will take high compared to the website without online profiles.
165. Social Sign Relevancy: Google uses relevancy information from social sharing and text around the link.
166. Site Level Social Signs: Social Site-wide sign helps to increase site's authority resulting in boosting SERP results.
167. Brand Name Anchor Text: Brand name anchor Text is simple but strong sign to Google.
168. Branded Searches: When people search for a brand name PR of a brand increases, this may be a product with the brand name. Ex: Nike Shoes, Nike Joggers etc.
169. Site Has Facebook Page and Likes: A website having lots of Facebook page likes will also increase a brand's ranking.
170. The site has Twitter Profile with Followers: A website having lots of Twitter Follower will also increase a brand's ranking.
171. Official Linkedin Company Page: A brand having an official LinkedIn page will also help in SERP ranking.
172. Employees Listed on Linkedin: If a person mentions that they work for you it is a good brand sign for your website.
173. The legitimacy of Social Media Accounts: A social media page with lots of followers and less interaction is of no use When a social media page has Lots of followers with the good interacting audience has a higher value.
174. Brand Mentions on News Sites: If your brand is mentioned on a news site it gets a slight advantage in google's insight.
175. Co-Citations: Sometimes google also mentions non-hyperlinked brands.
176. A number of RSS Subscribers: We know that Google owns Feedburner RSS Service, This gives a clear sign that Google also considers RSS subscription as Brand Loyalty and Brand Image.
177. Brick and Mortar Location With Google+ Local Listing: Google also looks through Physical Location of a brand to identify its local impact.
178. The website is Tax Paying Business: Google also considers a tax Paying business as a good online image.
179. Panda Penalty: Sites having low-quality content gets a penalty from Google and it is not visible on SERP.
180. Links to Bad sites: Links from Payday loan sites of pharmacy sites may hurt your ranking
181. Redirects: Non-relevant Redirects can harm your site and also result in de-index you're your site.
182. Popups or Distracting Ads: Google rater guidelines say that unnecessary popups or distracting ads are a sign of low-quality site.
183. Site Over-Optimization: It includes keyword stuffing, Header Tag stuffing and excessive keyword decoration.
184. Page Over-Optimization: Like panda even penguin targets pages for some particular keywords.
185. Ads Above the Fold: The Google Page Layout Algorithm targets pages with lots of ads and less content.
186. Hiding Affiliate Links: Hiding Affiliate links on your site will bring penalty from Google.
187. Affiliate Sites: People say that Google doesn't like Affiliate sites, Hence Google keeps Affiliate sites under special spectrum.
188. Autogenerated Content: If you use Auto Generate content for your site just stop doing it, When Google finds that you are using auto-generate content on your site it de-index your pages.
189. Excess PageRank Sculpting: Never play with Google by doing "nofollow" for bulk Out bond link. Google is smarter than you.
190. IP Address Flagged as Spam: If your server's Ip address is marked as spam all of your sites on that server will effect.
191. Meta Tag Spamming: If you are fooling Google Algorithm with keyword stuffing in meta tags Google will hit you with a penalty.
192. Unnatural Influx of Links: A sign of phoney link occurs with unnatural Influx of links on your site.
193. Penguin Penalty: When Google Penguin Penalty hits your site visibility goes down dramatically.
194. Link Profile with High % of Low-Quality Links: Lots of backlinks from Sources used for black hat SEO may be a sign of gaming the Google Algorithm and we know it can bad very bad.
195. Linking Domain Relevancy: Getting backlinks from irrelevant sites are useless.
196. Unnatural Links Warning: When Google sends unnatural links warning to be alert because it can cause a drop in ranking.
197. Links from the Same Class C IP: Getting lots of links from the site on the same server may cause blog network link building.
198. “Poison” Anchor Text: Having "poison" anchor text, especially pharmacy keywords, point links to your site can cause fall in ranking.
199. Manual Penalty: Google can penalize your site manually if it finds some big problem due to your site.
200. Selling Links: Selling inks can harm your Toolbar page rank.
201. Google Sandbox: When new sites get too many backlinks, Google keeps it in his sandbox and limits its visibility for sometimes.
202. Google Dance: Google dance can shake your ranking to determine whether you are playing the game with Algorithm or your are genuine Marketer.
203. Disavow Tool: Disavow tool will remove the manual or algometric penalty from the site affected by negative SEO.
204. Reconsideration Request: A successful reconsideration request can lift a penalty.
205. Temporary Link Schemes: People making and removing spammy links quickly can get penalized by Google.